First Colloquium of 2016-2017 Department of Music Colloquium Series
Neil Verma (Northwestern University)
"A Juggler on the Moon:
On Tom Stoppard's Darkside"
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016
Room Silver 320 at 5:30 p.m.
Please join us in congratulating:
- Professor J. Martin Daughtry,
who received "the Association of American Publishers' PROSE Award for
best volume in Music and the Performing Arts" for his new book Listening to War: Sound, Music, Trauma, and Survival in Wartime Iraq.
- Professor Elizabeth Hoffman, who received a National Endowment for the Arts 2015 Fellowship
- Graduate Student Lauren Sweetman,
who received the 2015 Charles Seeger Student Prize for the most
distinguished student paper presented at the 2014 Annual SEM Meeting:
"Performing the Prison-Clinic: Kapa Haka and the Redefinition of Mãori Forensic Psychology." More Information about Lauren & Abstract
- Graduate Student You Nakai has received a Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research Abroad from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Graduate Student Siv Lie, who received the Mellon Dissertation Fellowship in the Humanities for the 2016-17 Academic Year
- Graduate Student Wang Jie, who was selected to be a 2016 McKnight Visiting Composer, acknowledging excellence in the field of music composition.
- *New* Music Major Curriculum (effective Fall 2016)
- Fall 2016 Undergraduate Courses
- Fall 2016 Graduate Courses
- *New* web site - Waverly Labs for Computing and Music
- Recent Awards and Accomplishments
- Collegium Musicum Viol Program
- CD Review: Narození Pána Krista (Teares of the Muses)
- Initiative for Romani Music
- 2016-2017 Colloquium Series